Now I Begin

I've been mulling over this for a long time - off and on for a couple years.  Do I want to start a blog?  The idea has intrigued me for a while, but the questions were always 1) what should I write and 2) will I be able to keep up with it?

Well, the second question just requires me to set aside time for this.  Can't just assume that I won't keep up with it without even trying.  Time will tell if I'll keep it up.  Might as well give it a go. 

The answer to the first question has been more elusive.  What do I feel like I need to write?  What I've discovered is I needed to answer a different question first.  Why do I feel the need to write?  Ever since the end of high school, I've been jotting down random thoughts.  Responses to comments that I couldn't think of in the moment.  Pondering why different conversations have stuck with me months after they happened.  Rabbit holes my mind travels down after something a professor or student says in class.  The places my thoughts drift to when I have a little too much coffee in my system.  All of these things carried a feeling after I wrote them.  A feeling that they weren't meant to stay as scribbles on a page.  That one day, they should surface.  

Today is the day that process begins.  

So, what's this blog going to be anyway?

Essentially, this will be the blog showing how I experience the world around me. The little insights and things I find myself pondering. Every entry, at least for now, is something I wrote in the past or an elaboration of it.  Looking back at some of the things I wrote, it is easier for me to tell what should be shared.  I don't plan on editing much of the originals unless an important shift has happened since then.  I'll preface everything with some context.  Add some other interjections if I feel the need.  The plan is to post on a bi-weekly basis (yes, I am going to put this in my calendar).

Feel free to comment on whatever I post.  Like what I write and have something to add, please do!  Don't like what I have to say?  Tell me why you disagree - voice another perspective to consider.  This should go without saying, but be classy with it all.  I'll try to be as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Do I Think I Am?

Work v. Play

Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey